Sunday 10 November 2013

Evaluation Report

Our brief was to plan and film an opening sequence to a thriller film in small groups of about 3 or 4. We were allowed to chose a sub genre of our choice. The planning included making a storyboard and planning things such as shot types and duration and camera angles.

The research we did was doing things such as looking at several different crime thriller openings and stating how they use the usual thriller conventions and/or how they used their own original effects. When researching these thriller openings I also payed attention to things such as the age ratings of film to see what kind of age the films audience was meant to be. From research I have also discovered that some thrillers make it quite difficult to recognise the sub genre of the film in the opening scene, and it's possible that they could be crime thrillers or psychological thrillers, for example, but you don't recognise this unless you watch more of the film. The two film openings I looked at were James Bond- Skyfall and Sherlock Holmes. I chose these because they are both very well known thriller films and they have won many award so I felt like I could learn a lot from analysing the techniques they have used.

I would say that my target audience would probably be teenagers and above. This is because to make the product more interesting, if it was a real film, it may involve things such as violence to build up tension and make it more action packed. After I decided on this age group I then asked a different range of people in that specific group to answer some questions on what they like the most about crime thrillers. The answers varied quite a lot from this such as how the characters contrast and how suspense is built up. This helped me as it gave me an idea as to what I should aim for with my own crime thriller/final project to make it more interesting and enjoyable for the audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment