Friday 20 December 2013

Section 3 Evaluation

Evaluation section 3

My job role was being in charge of sound for our product. I also helped with some of the editing, and made our storyboard.
I added a voice over to our opening by writing a script between a police officer/detective and the mum of the missing girl in the shots. I then got two people to read out the script whilst I recorded it. I also added foley sounds during the talking when the mum rummages in her bag for an address. I did this by using a crisp packet and recording the sound of it crumpling. I also added music over the opening. I searched online for one and found a very eery and tense piece that I liked a lot and thought suited the genre and our opening. 
My favourite thing about the music was probably the fact that it really set the scene for the opening and was very mysterious. Feedback from my classmates also confirmed that the music worked well with what was happening, for example, when the door slowly swings open the music matches very well. However, someone did say that when the shot of someone going up the stairs is on the music could have changed to something more tense and fast to suggest something bad or different is happening. It could also have changed during the flashback.
I also liked the voice over as it explained the storyline to the audience and made it a lot more clear what was going on. However, it could have been improved as I had very little time to record it and my actors had a few problems, so next time I need to make sure I do more than 1 take. 
The music and voice over both stop very abruptly also but this could probably have been improved when editing.

A similar product to ours would be a film like Taken. This film is also about a missing person and is a thriller too. The opening scene of Taken is a flashback of a girl on her birthday. This is similar to ours as we also use a flashback. You can tell that its a flashback due to the effect of the shot, it looks like it's been recorded and is very old-fashioned looking. The music starts off quite happy but slowly gets quite tense and almost frightening. They are also sound effects used such as a child laughing which makes it seem quite creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment